Monday, January 25, 2010

35 Weeks and Happy

Pregnancy monopolized my thoughts and conversations the first time I went through it, but this time around, it hasn't played center stage—blogging included. But this baby deserves another post devoted exclusively to him!

  • First of all, I'm feeling more confident about a name choice. Ryan suggested it just a few days ago, and my mother's intuition is telling me it might be precisely the right name for this baby. Are you in suspense?
  • I'll be 35 weeks (out of 40) this Wednesday. I cannot believe it! I won't be sorry to say goodbye to some of the annoyances of pregnancy, but at the same time, I love this stage. For me at least, nurturing a child inside the womb is a lot easier than nurturing him once he's out! :)
  • I haven't bought one new item for the baby. Poor guy! (It's your daddy's fault! J/k) I have, though, washed and set out Trenton's newborn items.
  • My nesting instinct has been fierce this time around! With Trenton, I just remember being eager to get his room ready. This time, I'm a bit compulsive about getting the whole house ready! I feel the need to have every closet organized and the whole house in the order I like it by the time this little one arrives. I thrive on giving stuff to DI and knowing exactly where everything belongs!
  • Throughout this pregnancy I've wondered whether I'll be able to handle this. I suppose it's just Satan trying to tell me that I'm not up for the task. I've worried (and I'm actually not a big worrier) about how Trenton will deal with me nursing all the time, or how Trenton will handle going on fewer outings, or how I'll handle outings with the two of them, etc. etc. I finally decided to put those fears behind me, do what I can to prepare, and just have faith that the Lord will help me. I want to enjoy motherhood. I don't want to miss the great moments because I'm focusing on the hard ones. (I know, I know, you mothers of many are probably rolling your eyes, but hey, I'm just starting out on a big road. It can be a little overwhelming!)
  • So, for the remaining 5 1/2 weeks, I'm just going to be grateful for this little life and anticipate his arrival. We can't wait to meet you, sweet boy!

10 comments:

  1. You seriously can't leave us all in suspense like that! What's this mystery name?!

    You have such a positive attitude about everything - which I feel is key to dealing with things well. Good for you for being prepared, aware and ready to love again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will adjust beautifully because you are already in a good place now, ready and waiting for baby boy #2! Going out is an adjustment, but it's a fairly easy transition from one to two.....it's from two to three that is the problem because you only have 2 arms and three kids! We can't wait to hear the name and see some pictures when he gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great Erica! Two really is actually quite fun. We can't wait to hear his name

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute and happy! I love reading all about your anticipation for the next baby. You are going to be such a great mommy of two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe you're already 35 weeks! How exciting to be so close to meeting another sweet baby boy. I have no doubts that you will be a fantastic momma of two. The Idea of having a newborn with a toddler does seem challenging but I bet you'll be creative and get a system down in no time. you always have had such a great attitude. Darn I wish I lived close to you! Enjoy your last few weeks!

    P.s. You are a darling 35 week pregnant girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize just how close we are--I am only one day behind you! I am both excited and scared. (We just had an ultrasound that said he is 6 lbs 5 oz) My first thought was "no way can I do that" but now it has turned to "an epidural sounds nice." I like your positive outlook. Trenton will be happy to take care of his younger brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this post!! You said everything perfectly!! I am sure I will feel the exact same thing when our 2nd baby comes. Geez, I feel that already and I am not even pregnant with our 2nd. You are and will continue to be such a great mom! You always seem to have it together!!

    **And you are making me more excited to have a 2nd baby! :) You are almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been the same way this time- cleaning everything to the point of making myself sicker. But it drives me crazy to just sit and look at everything! You look so cute, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you look so good! You look more like 20 weeks! I felt the same things with Kimberly. It was crazy how I was so worried about how life would change, and when I held Kimberly in my arms I felt so much love & peace, like she had always been there, and things went great! The adjustment was hard at first because I had a c-section so I couldn't do much for the first few weeks, but once I was up & going, it wasn't too bad, and like I said, it felt like Kimberly had always been a part of our family. You'll do great! I can't wait to see your little guy & learn his name!

    ReplyDelete