- First of all, I'm feeling more confident about a name choice. Ryan suggested it just a few days ago, and my mother's intuition is telling me it might be precisely the right name for this baby. Are you in suspense?
- I'll be 35 weeks (out of 40) this Wednesday. I cannot believe it! I won't be sorry to say goodbye to some of the annoyances of pregnancy, but at the same time, I love this stage. For me at least, nurturing a child inside the womb is a lot easier than nurturing him once he's out! :)
- I haven't bought one new item for the baby. Poor guy! (It's your daddy's fault! J/k) I have, though, washed and set out Trenton's newborn items.
- My nesting instinct has been fierce this time around! With Trenton, I just remember being eager to get his room ready. This time, I'm a bit compulsive about getting the whole house ready! I feel the need to have every closet organized and the whole house in the order I like it by the time this little one arrives. I thrive on giving stuff to DI and knowing exactly where everything belongs!
- Throughout this pregnancy I've wondered whether I'll be able to handle this. I suppose it's just Satan trying to tell me that I'm not up for the task. I've worried (and I'm actually not a big worrier) about how Trenton will deal with me nursing all the time, or how Trenton will handle going on fewer outings, or how I'll handle outings with the two of them, etc. etc. I finally decided to put those fears behind me, do what I can to prepare, and just have faith that the Lord will help me. I want to enjoy motherhood. I don't want to miss the great moments because I'm focusing on the hard ones. (I know, I know, you mothers of many are probably rolling your eyes, but hey, I'm just starting out on a big road. It can be a little overwhelming!)
- So, for the remaining 5 1/2 weeks, I'm just going to be grateful for this little life and anticipate his arrival. We can't wait to meet you, sweet boy!
Monday, January 25, 2010
35 Weeks and Happy
Pregnancy monopolized my thoughts and conversations the first time I went through it, but this time around, it hasn't played center stage—blogging included. But this baby deserves another post devoted exclusively to him!
Posted by Erica Layne | Let Why Lead at 11:46 AM