Today, Trenton was pure terror! Here's a little recap:
- While walking the Chrystal Springs Reservoir trail with my friend Misty, Trenton decided he had HAD IT with the stroller. We had to carry or let him walk (okay, wander) for 3/4 of a mile. And he wasn't even all that happy about it.
- The park. I had to change a stinky diaper in the back of the car. (Thankfully, this is a rare occurrence when we're away from home.) Picture this: Pregnant mommy, flailing child who is doing everything he can to get himself and his bare, poopy buns OUT of that car. (TMI? Sorry!)
- After a 10-minute trip to Target, he whipped out the screaming and the arched back when I tried to put him in his carseat. Such a convenient time to get the worst charlie horse in my foot.
- After that battle of a morning, we decided it best to stay home this afternoon. However, Trenton decided it best to wander around the house with his blankie and pacifier—yelling for no good reason at any opportunity.
- I made it until—get this—5:45 before I put him down for the night. He had no problems with this, but I know it means we'll be getting an early start tomorrow. Oh joy!
Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I'm going to wake up armed with loads of patience and endless distraction techniques for the T-Monster! Wish me luck!