Monday, November 22, 2010

Another Holiday Craft and Free Holiday Cards

Growing up, my mom put a framed collage of vintage Santas over our piano during the holidays. (I think here grandmother had made it for her.) Eventually she started leaving it up all year and telling us that Santa was always watching, so we had better practice that piano! I remember staring at those glittery Santas, longing to go play (aka NOT practice the piano) but also wanting more than a lump of cole come Christmas. Now that I have a piano, it was time to make a Santa collage of my own. So here it is!


On another note, I wasn’t planning on doing a Christmas card this year, mostly because I don’t have any great pictures of the four of us to use, but my friend Desirae blogged about how Shutterly is doing a promo for bloggers: blog about their promo, and earn yourself 50 free cards. Sweet! So here’s my blog, and soon I’ll be getting my free cards. :) I was actually pretty impressed with their designs. (Your can them out here and here.)

Btw, this year I am hoping to make a big holiday craft (I can’t get it out of my system!) to display my Christmas cards: an empty photo frame with twine strung across it that I “clothespin” your cards to. (If I actually make it, you know I’ll blog it!) So send me a card and you will be immortalized in our home—through December anyway! And use Shutterly, and you can do it all for free. ☺

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the Santa collage tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got the story right! Actually, Grandma Zella Wood made the Santa collage for Corey in 1977... He was only 2 years old! I liked it so much, I'm still storing it for him! I love your idea to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! I should do that too. I didn't know that was Corey's though... A well kept secret, Mom!

    ReplyDelete