Monday, April 14, 2008

Feast or Famine

In January and February, business for me was slow. I had been busy June through December (thanks to many answered prayers!), but then January came along and BAM--where did the work go? I figured that most of the personal historians I was editing for had recently wrapped up projects for Christmas gifts, so they weren't at the point where they needed editing help.

Apparently, high season begins in March and is insane in April! I currently have four major projects going on (one of those manuscripts is 400 pages!), and ALL of my clients have given me end-of-April deadlines. I love it! (and I'm not even being sarcastic)

Ryan encouraged me during my slow months to market my services adequately to bring in some major business later on, and he always said to just enjoy the slow times because before I knew it, I'd be back to staring at my computer screen eight hours a day. He was right(!), and I'm grateful I had him to tell me to chill out and enjoy it at the time.

Mainly I'm just writing this because I felt the need to express my immense gratitude for my blessings. Isn't life great?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, perspective is everything. Keep up the good work and attitude! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats!! You are so good at that stuff! I couldn't stay focused by myself like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a great life and are very blessed! It takes a special and sweet person to take the time and appreciate things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh believe me, I don't always stay focused! Haha

    ReplyDelete