Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So Domestic



This weekend we passed a fruit stand where I bought a big box of strawberries for 5 bucks(!), which prompted my next step toward domesticity ...HOMEMADE JAM!

I was spoiled all growing up eating only my mom's homemade strawberry and raspberry jam, so I can hardly stand the store-bought alternative. Needless to say, it was a loooonng winter in Indiana without my mom's jam. This year, though, we're going to fare much better (if it lasts that long, of course).

While I'm on the topic of food, I thought I'd share my latest discovery—cookinglight.com. I just signed up for my two free issues of the magazine, and I am ecstatic! And I love, love, love getting ideas from cooking websites and blogs. (Watch the sidebar for a list of my favorites.) It's especially useful when the site allows you to log in and add recipes to your "recipe box" online. I use this feature a ton at allrecipes.com and cookinglight.com Do any of your girls have other cooking websites to share??

Anyway, tonight we tried a Cooking Light recipe, minus the mayo, along with grilled corn and grilled mushrooms. We are pretty much obsessed with our grill this summer!





If anyone wants it, here's the link for the recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1065508 I can't get blogger to let me link it.

7 comments:

  1. Whoa! I LOVE the new layout! It looks awesome!

    I wish I cooked! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we still need your number or e-mail so we can get together. Are you guys doing anything for the 4th? We have ward breakfast, but nothing really planned after that.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love homeade jam. My friend has a website where they share recipes and weekly dinner menus. You might enjoy it,

    www.thisweekfordinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erica!
    Cute picture! You guys are so adorable. Adalyn has asked where you were at church the last couple Sundays :( We miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of you guys is really nice. I also love CookingLight! I used to have a subscription, but now I just use the website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are eating healthy, this is Dad typing from Lethbridge, we love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO. JEALOUS. OF. THE. GRILL!!!!! Your jam looks great too! I miss my mom's homemade jam! You're so good to make your own! Talk about a great mom already!

    ReplyDelete