Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Perfect Date

This year's anniversary date deserves 5 stars and its very own post. Usually our anniversary gets a little lost in the hustle and bustle of Christmas, but not this year! I've been looking forward to this for weeks, and it was every bit as wonderful as I'd hoped.

Several weeks ago we drove out to Sacramento to see of my best friends, Kimber, and her family. The Holts are incredible people who we love and admire. Debbie (Madre) was so sweet to give us a gift card to Cheesecake Factory that night. We couldn't use it in Sacramento because the little guy zonked out as soon as we pulled away from their house, so I immediately thought of our anniversary: the Cheesecake Factory in downtown San Francisco, on top of Macy's in Union Square. Absolutely perfect.


So my dear friend Desirae came over last night right after I put Trenton to bed at 7pm, and off we went! I think dates mean something entirely different to wives than husbands. (Well, at least for us they do!) I feel like a different person on a date without the munchkin in tow. Last night I heard someone's child fussing in a stroller, and I nearly pulled out the goldfish. Until I remembered, that is, that the only person whose hand I had to hold was Ryan. I haven't relaxed that thoroughly in a long time.

The wait at the Cheesecake Factory was long (the weekend before Christmas, who would have guessed??), which gave us time to wander Union Square and even read for 45 minutes at Border's—something we always want to do but never can, unless one of us wants to keep Trenton from scaling bookshelves the whole time.

So...to make a long story short:
Thank you, Desirae, for staying with Trenton for so LONG!
Thank you, Trenton, for sleeping so soundly and giving me peace of mind.
And thank you, Ryan, for being the perfect date.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome evening! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been that long yall have been married! Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! So happy you got to have such a great anniversary date! What a nice friend to stay with Trenton! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! I'm so happy that you guys went and had such a wonderful time - you definitely deserved it! Happy anniversary again. We should do this more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an absolutely fabulous date! A little bit of freedom can go a long way. Smart woman, putting T to bed before you left. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous pictures! That must have been such a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has it really been so long since I checked your blog that I didn't know you were expecting #2? I have 2 little boys 22 months apart and they couldn't be any more different! Tyler is brown hair, brown eyes, crazy energetic little boy and Jacob is blonde with blue eyes and just smiley and laid back (kinda). I can already see that they will love terrorizing mom for the rest of my life with their adventures together. Boy it will be fun! A nice bonus is using all the clothes a second time around! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete