Thursday, August 30, 2007

Opening Mass

Ryan and I went to Opening Mass the other night. A whole basketball arena full of students and faculty, complete with a projection screen of a stained glass window and a crucifix hanging from the rafters. We both really enjoyed it. I especially loved the music and the new hymns I got to sing. There were a lot of differences between our services, but we enjoyed the similarities too. What we most appreciated was our shared faith in Jesus Christ. And on that note, all I have to say is---in the words of my newest favorite Catholic hymn--

It takes all my time to praise my Jesus.
All my time to praise my Jesus.
All my time to praise my Jesus.
Ain't got time to die.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a blast! Hope you're enjoying all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going to lunch Mass with my friends when I worked in DC. It is such a spiritual experience, and a neat way to appreciate Christianity. I'm glad you're enjoying the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was an experience! Its funny how you're going to a school that is completely opposite from BYU but the same in many ways. Its like devotionals! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete