Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thank Goodness for Weekends


What a great weekend. It was our first weekend in who knows how long without any Proposition 8 activities, and let me just say, I was excited! I haven't decided whether I was more excited that it passed or that it was over... Well, actually, I think the latter wins. (It's OVER!!)

I realized on Friday night that I hadn't been anywhere in the car since we got home from Utah on Sunday night. That's a whole week without leaving my stroller's reaches. Man, was I itching to get out.

Saturday started off wonderfully because without me even knowing it, Ryan took care of the baby for an hour before I woke up. I didn't even hear a peep! I woke naturally at 8:20 (Did you hear that?! 8:20!) to find Ryan walking into the apartment with our chunker in the baby backpack, content as can be. (Life got so much better, by the way, when Trenton started holding his own head up. That's a huge milestone for Mom.)


Then we spent the WHOLE day out of the house, exploring our area, which was divinely wonderful. Thanks, Ryan, for helping me stay sane and reminding me that yes, there is a big world beyond our apartment! Phew!

I'm posting this last picture as a farewell to summer! We'll have to save these adorable shoes for our next little boy, now that fall is finally on its way to CA and now that our little guy is looking less and less little. (I swear he grows visibly every single day!)

5 comments:

  1. Oh those pictures are so cute! That first one is to die for. And I love his little flip flops!

    I'm happy that Prop 8 is over and you can have your life and husband back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super-duper impressed that Ryan can get Trenton into the baby backpack AND get it on all by himself. I never quite figured that out.

    Glad you got out of the house! A change in scenery is absolutely vital sometimes, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hubby!! So glad you're getting to take a break! You sure deserve it! Just only wish I could be there to play with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you and Ryan a lot lately with all the Prop 8 activities and such! I'm glad to hear that you survived it! And I'm glad that you are enjoying the break! When you have time you will have to come up and visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest family! I loved seeing you guys and wish we lived closer! I have the rusty wheels in my head turning and trying to figure out a Bay Area trip soon. Give Trent-dog a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete