Friday, November 28, 2008

Tis the Season!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I decided this year that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I loved reading online about various Turkey-Day recipes in preparation for the big event. And I thoroughly enjoyed puttering around in the kitchen all morning with Trenton chillin' in the bouncer on the kitchen counter.

But the best thing about this day is the opportunity to reflect on all that we've been blessed with. For some reason my thoughts this year frequently turned to my little African friends, thousands of miles away. The ladle of porridge the kids pass around at school is a world different from the meal I enjoyed yesterday. I hope I can teach our children to value what they have and to give whatever they can.


For more about our Thanksgiving feast, click on over to my cooking blog. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the little African girls! What an incredible experience! My girlfriend is serving in Kenya with her husband right now. The pictures that she sends me remind me of Zambia and make me want to go back...someday! I'm glad to hear you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Are you going to Utah or Nevada for Christmas? It will be so fun with little Trenton this year! ~Madre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to try some of your thanksgiving recipes next year. I was wondering if you could send me your address so we can send you a Christmas card. My email is egscooter@hotmail.com. Thanks Erica.

    ReplyDelete